Tuesday 24 November 2015

Nemesis

All my life I have been an adventure freak. Always looked for breathtaking expeditions...live my life to the fullest. I have always wanted to make a career in adventure sports since, like most of us, I too hate studies. But today, a thought crossed my mind. What can be more adventurous than going through the labyrinthine course of a book? What can be more hazardous to our brains than those concepts which tear the nerves apart? Breathtaking, it seemed.

I began to feel like a warrior...books being my enemy. Each one tried to suffocate me under its weight. But I could not have given up. I decided to fight till my last breath. 'Adventure lies in dissipating the fear of the unknown' and I could not let the books scare me any more. No more. I shall fight.

I was Achilles, I was Beowulf, I was Ulysses; ready to trample any book that came in my way. Vanquish all that arrogant little masses of papers. Ruthlessness personified, I began my quest.

The first page came roaring at me with letters in ominous black. I could hear the wolves howl, the owls cry, and the wind rush to take shelter and leave the planet into a void. 'Oh! so much of agony and grieve for that page' I thought.

"Save your tears for the days to come, o friends of dirty books, for the future beholds in its palm destruction. For long have these books slaughtered the happiness of me and my folks. For long have they ruled us. But no more. I have a will strong as the metal that was cast into Thor's hammer. Determined for revenge, I shall forgive none."

My words thundered and I started. Each line came to me with full force but I pulverized every single one of them, deciphering the meaning of each and every formidable word. Their grotesqueness could not stop me and I went on and on, dissipating the fear of every ugly little line that pounced at me. I had torn apart each one of them, none could conceal any meaning from me. The page was devoured.

Now, at the end of the page I am thrilled. Not by the little knowledge that it provided, but for having successfully trodden a path never ventured before.
I have made all my folks proud and shown them a way. Battle has been won, but the war remains.

However, the fatigue of that single page has taken toll on me. I am overwhelmed. I am trying to turn the page but my head is heavy, my arms are unable to move.
I am losing consciousness. I am falling asleep. But don't cry, don't lose hope.I shall be back in a couple of hours and carry on the war. I shall certainly complete the next page.

My exam starts in less than a month...I have to wage a war against the books...zzzzzzzz...zzzz...zz

No comments:

Post a Comment